Hanwha Total Petrochemical places the SHE as a top priority
for its management activities and strives to build the world's best safety culture.
Hanwha Total Petrochemical recognizes that the SHE is a key element of management that supports the
company's well-being and growth, while at the same time recognizing that it is a source of abundant life for
human society. All employees are thoroughly taking the initiative in following the SHE principle, carrying out their duties.
Design safety, Quantitative Risk Analysis, Specifications
Preventive maintenance, Risk based inspection, Quality & Performance guarantee
TPM, Training program, Fire drill
Rules & regulations, accident investigation, Emergency plan
Internal HSE system audit, self inspection
Brotherhood, Mind health management
Hanwha-Total recognizes that safety, health, environment and quality (hereinafter called “SHEQ”) are the key factors
for the source of bountiful life of mankind as well as the prosperity and growth of the company.
In that sense Hanwha-Total is committed to act in accordance with the highest standards and the best practices of SHEQ,
striving to apply the policy to all activities as below:
1. Regulatory complianceThe company shall set up strict standards on internal control of SHEQ based on legislative requirements in and outside the country, and will strive to operate with rigor and demonstrate exemplarity to keep improving SHEQ management system.
2. Continuous improvementThe company shall periodically monitor, evaluate and review SHEQ management system to consistently improve and ensure any management activity in providing products and services which answer to customers’ requirements and do not have any negative significant impact on resources, environmental footprint, and climate.
3. Accident preventionThe company shall be dedicated to prevent any injury, impact to employees, their subcontractors-partners and other stakeholders, any damage to properties, by forging safety culture. Company will focus on procedures, process safety, creating a safe and healthy work place; Risks on products and services will be controlled, and the company will ensure an appropriate response plan to any incident, which will be updated and regularly tested.
4. ParticipationEach and every team member, at all level, and partners shall be trained and aware of importance of SHEQ and engaged in SHEQ-related activities voluntarily to contribute to the success of SHEQ system. An improvement suggestion system to collect ideas from employees and partners will be put in place.
5. Open managementThe company shall be transparent in opening records of SHEQ to not just employees at all levels but to shareholders, partnered companies, customers, local residents and other stakeholders, and will communicate with them sincerely.
Hanwha Total Petrochemical conducts systematic SHE management activities by introducing and applying various
home and abroad SHE management systems; and continues to review and improve the effectiveness and
appropriateness of the system through periodic inspection and certification by external experts.
Based on this, Hanwha Total Petrochemical strives to build a world-class safety culture by enacting
Hanwha Total Petrochemical's own regulations, rules and standards.
Considering each individual as a valuable family member, Hanwha Total Petrochemical actively carries out various activities, such as education, inspection activities, safety campaigns, communication, and health management in order to create a safe workplace for all employees and partners.
Hanwha Total Petrochemical is leading SMART safety management technology to keep up with era of the 4th industrial revolution. In particular, Hanwha Total Petrochemical is making an effort to prevent major disasters by developing its own remote monitoring system (RMS) through wearable airbag and portable CCTV to mitigate impacts on important parts of the body in case of a fall.
Process accidents at petrochemical plants can lead to fire, explosion, leakage of hazardous materials, and serious loss of life and property. Hanwha Total Petrochemical is making every effort to prevent serious occupational accidents by establishing a process safety management system based on the 12 elements of PSM, identifying risks, recognizing risks, and controlling them.
Hanwha Total Petrochemical is operating a contingency organization for each plant in an effort to deal with accidents such as fire, explosion, gas or oil leak. Hanwha Total Petrochemical also is doing its utmost to minimize damage in case of an emergency by establishing a contingency scenario and conducting emergency drills on regular basis where every employee participates.
Hanwha Total Petrochemical continues to try to reduce pollutants by managing sources that can cause environmental pollution, preventing environmental pollution accidents, and complying with environmental laws and regulations.
Hanwha Total Petrochemical operates CheMiR (Chemical Management Including REACH) to build a database of domestic and overseas regulatory information for each chemical substance; and actively copes with chemical accident by identifying and responding to harmful factors in advance throughout management of all chemical substances.