Social Contribution

Hanwha Total Petrochemical strives to fulfill social responsibilities and duties through social contribution,
and create a happy society with our neighbors and local communities.

VISION

Hanwha Total Petrochemical is pursuing characterized distinctive social contribution activities with the goal of
helping the community in real terms and growing together based on philosophy "Go Further Together"
Hanwha Total Petrochemical will strive to fulfill social responsibilities and duties through social contribution,
and create a happy society with our neighbors and local communities.

With sharing and mutual growth, everyone is making a happy tomorrow that goes away together.(Strategy: eco-friendly practices to preserve future values, community partners who practice warm sharing, fostering future talents that utilize business capabilities)

MAJOR ACTIVITIES

Hanwha Total Petrochemical strives to fulfill social responsibilities and duties through social contribution,
and create a happy society with our neighbors and local communities.

Green Tomorrow, Hanwha Total Volunteer Corps
Hanwha Total Petrochemical launched a <Seonghwa volunteer corps> in 1995, and has constantly performed CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) activities and volunteer activities, based on the corporate philosophy of 'sharing and co-prosperity'. In 2004, Hanwha Total renamed the volunteer corps as <green tomorrow> through a naming contest of the employees, and redefined its roles in order to take the initiative in developing a sound corporate culture. The Hanwha Total Petrochemical Volunteer Corps, Green Tomorrow, is engaged in volunteer activities in various fields ranging from the environment to welfare as a member of the local community; and every year, the Hanwha Volunteer Corps promotes volunteer activities through a festival by awarding excellent voluntary teams and leaders prizes. Moreover, Hanwha Total will pursue truthful activities in order to fulfill our duties as a desirable company to share and prosper together with the local community.
1% Sharing Fund
<1% Sharing Fund>, in which 100% of employees participate, is raised by cooperation of the labor and management; employees voluntarily donate 0.5% of their salary on a monthly basis, and the company gives 'matching grant' for another 0.5% of the fund. In addition, Hanwha Total established 'CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Committee' to use the fund in a fair and transparent way, and provides people with more professional and diverse programs. The <1% Sharing Fund> has the meaning sharing the pain of our neighbors who are alienated from our society according to the value of 'Go Further Together', and creating a healthy society together where we live happy life.
  • Green Management
  • Solar Facility Support Project Hanwha Total Petrochemical supports the
    installation of photovoltaic power generation
    facilities by investigating demand in the local
    community.
  • Environmental Preservation Project Hanwha Total Petrochemical supports
    activities for environmental clean-up
    activities and fishery resource conservation
    around the plant.
  • HR Development
  • Dream Tree Science Class The staff of the Hanwha Total Petrochemical
    Research Institute directly supports the
    extracurricular activities to arouse local youths'
    interest in science.
  • Chemical Exploration Frontier Festival Hanwha Total Petrochemical sponsors the
    chemical festivals organized by the
    Petrochemical Industry Association to expand
    chemical bases and foster excellent human
    resources.
  • Volunteer Work
  • Hope Nuri Project In cooperation with local communities,
    Hanwha Total Petrochemical supports the
    economically underprivileged in various ways
    to improve their skills and recover self-esteem
    by narrowing education gap.
  • Support Project for the Underprivileged In cooperation with the Seosan-si Volunteer
    Center, Hanwha Total Petrochemical provides
    various programs, such as mobile outreach
    service, improvement of low-income housing
    environment, and school uniform support so
    that professional volunteers and the company
    can offer stable lives to the vulnerable in the
    dead zone of welfare.